- Pre-heat oven to 400°F.
- Heat olive oil in a frying pan and brown the chicken all over, then season with salt & pepper.
- Sit the chicken in a large roasting pan.
- With a small knife, cut each potato across its width in small slices, stopping 1cm before the bottom so the slices are still joined at the base.
- Insert a few bay leaves into the slits.
- Place the potatoes around the chicken.
- Bring the stock to a boil and pour around the chicken.
- Cover with tin foil and place in oven, cook for 25 minutes.
- Remove the tin foil and brush the potatoes with melted butter, return to the oven and continue to cook for another 45 minutes, basting the potatoes regularly until they are glazed.